Spread the love
I love my country Australia! It is a wondrous place with some of the most gorgeous pristine beaches in the world; rugged outback wildernesses that go on forever; exquisite coral reefs abundant with marine life; and verdant green rainforests that meet the sea. I started to make a list of 25 reasons to holiday in Australia and this is what I came up with:
1. WEATHER Depending on where you live, Australia experiences temperate weather for most of the year. The average maximum temperature is 29°C in summer and 15–16°C in winter.
2. BEAUTIFUL BEACHES Australia is home to literally hundreds of beautiful beaches all over the country. The beaches have white white sand and the water varies in colour from a deep blue/green to a light aqua.
3. WILDERNESS Australia is a place of exceptional natural beauty where ancient rainforests and vast national parks, rugged mountain ranges and reefs, beaches, and waterways, provide sanctuary to Australia’s wondrous wildlife.
4. THE OUTBACK Also known as the ‘dead centre’ of Australia is a vast expanse of arid deserts, rugged mountain ranges and natural wonders such as Uluru, Kakadu and The Bungle Bungles.
5. GREAT OCEAN ROAD Take a drive along this 243 kilometres stretch of road along the south-eastern coast of Australia and be astonished at the beauty of the 12 Apostles and London Bridge. Visit the many famous surfing beaches along the way or hike into the rainforest areas of the Otways.
6. OUR RIVERS Australia has an abundance of long wide rivers that are full of clean fresh water and fish and are broadly used for recreational activities.
7. TWO CODES OF FOOTBALL Australian Rules Football (AFL), aka ‘Aerial Ping-Pong’, is where the big men fly into the air to mark an oval shaped footie. Rugby League (NRL) is where the men are built like proverbial “brick shithouses” and tackle one another without body armour or helmets. A brutal sport!
8. THE GOLD COAST My hometown is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia and boasts some of the most magnificent beaches in the world. It’s temperate climate and warm ocean temperatures attracts visitors from all around the world all year round.
9. BBQ’s Australians enjoy the great outdoors and love to throw a succulent juicy steak or a few prawns on the barbeque for their family and mates. A great Aussie tradition.
10. HUNKY MEN The term “Bronzed Aussie” is alive and well here down under. Our men are outdoor types who play sport, keep themselves in shape and they are very easy on the eye!
11. BEAUTIFUL WOMEN Our women are also renowned as being some of the most naturally attractive women in the world. Their toned tanned bikini bodies are a sight to behold!
12. SYDNEY HARBOUR A visit to Australia would not be complete without visiting the spectacular city of Sydney and its magical harbour which is commonly referred to as the most beautiful natural harbour in the world. Take in the views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.
13. OUTDOOR LIFESTYLE Aussies love to get out into the great outdoors and enjoy an array of outdoor pursuits. It is very common to see thousands of people and families enjoying the parks and beaches or exercising in my town.
14. NO GUNS We have strict laws in Australia prohibiting the ownership of guns, so it is relatively safe on our streets.
15. REAL COFFEE – not just Starbucks We have some of the best coffee shops and finest freshly ground and roasted coffee made to order in the world.
16. CUTE WILDLIFE Koalas, Kangaroos, Wombats, Wallabies and Platypuses, to name a few of Australia’s native wildlife.
17. MINIMUM WAGE is $18.29/hour Australia pays very good wages and we enjoy a high standard of living. Also you don’t have to tip in Australia if you don’t want to!
18. THE GREAT BARRIER REEF One of the natural wonders of the world, is renowned for it’s spectacular natural reef system and abundance of tropical marine life. It is a popular place for snorkelling and scuba diving.
19. OUR BEER & WINE If you like a beer, then Australia is your place. We produce megalitres upon megalitres of good quality beers and we love to drink it! We also produce some of the finest wines in the world.
20. FAMOUS AUSSIES
21. OUR FRIENDLINESS Most Aussies are friendly and easy-going. They will make you feel extremely welcome and might even invite you around for a beer or a barbeque.
22. WE LOVE SPORT We are a sport obsessed population and we love to participate or watch a wide range of sports. We also do very well in the world arena at a variety of sports.
23. FRESH FOOD & WORLD CLASS CUISINE Australia is becoming very cosmopolitan because of our diversity of races and people from all around the world. As a result we offer some of the best world cuisine. We also have vast farming areas which produce top quality meats, cereals and fresh fruit and vegetables, along with delicious seafood.
24. RAINFORESTS Some of our rainforest, such as the Daintree, are world heritage listed and offer some of the lushest verdant forests, full of wildlife, in the world.
25. OUR HISTORY Although our country is relatively young, we have a rich and colourful history based upon the transportation of convicts to our land, the settlement of the colonies and the great Gold Rush era in our country.
So for those of you that are Australian, what’s stopping you? Get out there and see some more of your country. For those of you who live abroad, put Australia on your bucket list, you won’t regret it!
What is it that you love most about your country?
This post is part of the Lovin’ Life Linky with a Lovin’ Life Team of the “ageing positively” kind who are as keen as I am to promote the Lovin’ Life mindset.
The Lovin’ Life Team includes:
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.