Spread the love
What adventures have you had in your lifetime? My kids often say to me “Mum why don’t you get off the sofa and do something”? My reply to this criticism is “well, I have done a lot during my lifetime and now I’m resting”!
So just to prove my kids wrong I am making a list of the adventures and experiences that I have witnessed as a 50 something year old.
Thus far, I have:
6. Swam with an elephant in a creek
7. Skinny dipped in the sea in the moonlight
8. Stayed up all night and watched the sunrise
9. Swung off a rope into a waterhole
10. Snorkelled in an extinct volcano under the sea
11. Swam with the green sea turtles
12. Got first place in a twisting competition
13. Trekked through a jungle on an elephant
14. Cuddled a baby koala
15. Surfed at Waikiki Beach in Hawaii
16. Seen two brown bears in the wild in Canada
17. Patted a kangaroo
18. Skied down a black run at a ski resort
19. Water skied in a lake
20. Seen a show on Broadway in New York
21. Walked up the stairs to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
22. Taken in the views from the State Empire Building in New York
23. Sang in a band on TV
24. Ridden a jet ski
25. Caught a train right up the centre of Australia
26. White water rafted down the river rapids
27. Paddled a kayak in the sea
28. Entered a long cave that was as black as coal
29. Crawled through the Cu Chi Tunnels in Vietnam
30. Stood at the edge of the Cliffs of Mohr in Ireland
31. Sailed around the Whitsunday Islands on a yacht
32. Gambled at a casino
33. Bet on a horse race and won
34. Ridden a horse
35. Nursed a baby crocodile
36. Competed in a 10Km run
37. Climbed a mountain
38. Gone to night school to learn German
39. Jet boated in Queenstown, New Zealand
40. Swam under a waterfall
41. Rode on a roller coaster
42. Slid down a big steep water slide
43. Watched a NRL Rugby League grand final live
44. Watched the Indy cars race live
45. Toured London on a big red double-decker bus
46. Watched a world championship ice hockey game live
47. Watched the Australian Open Tennis Championships live
48. Ridden a bicycle across the Goldengate Bridge in San Francisco
49. Seen the amazing views from the Skyrail at Kuranda, Cairns
50. Bought a bargain at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
So next time my kids tell me I don’t get enough adventure in my life I am going to show them this list! What adventures have you embarked on during your lifetime? I would love to hear them.
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.
Janet aka Middle Aged MamaFebruary 19, 2014
You’ve packed a lot into 50 years – some of these are VERY adventurous! I’ve done maybe 5 of the things on this list … I’ve got 3 years to pack some more in!
Pinky PoinkerFebruary 19, 2014
Well I counted 19 things I too have experienced with not too much to add to your extensive list :) I kissed the Blarney Stone! That’s right!
KathyFebruary 19, 2014
Yeah I have! I thought I would have no hope of making a list of 50 adventures, but they just kept coming! Maybe I am a bit of a thrillseeker deep down. Lol!
KathyFebruary 19, 2014
Oh I am disappointed – I never got to kiss the Blarney Stone! I am adding that to my bucket list along with another 50 adventures. Do you think I’ll fit them all in?
Jenny MeehanFebruary 22, 2014
Love the post Kathy. I am off to create my 47 adventures list.
KathyFebruary 22, 2014
Good for your Jenny! I’m about to start a bucket list for another 50 adventures. Hope I still have enough time!