Spread the love
As you all know I love a good quote! I thought I would start off the week by putting together a selection of my favourite 25 inspirational quotes for the over 50’s. I love number 8, as I believe that there is beauty in age which is not always on the surface. I truly believe that “age is a state of mind” and we should embrace it!
1. Age is just a number. Don’t let it be a state of mind!
2. The cheapest facelift is a smile. ☺
3. Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. Dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney
5. Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. ~ Charles M Schultz
6. Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind ….. ~ Jackie Joyner-Kersee
7. Make the second part of your life the BEST half!
8. As we grow old ………. The beauty steals inwards. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. There is a fountain of youth. It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. ~ Sophia Loren
11. I’ve always thought that a woman owes it to herself to treat the subject of her age with ambiguity. ~ Helena Rubenstein
12. It’s never too late to change your life and be happy.
13. It’s sad to grow old, but nice to ripen. ~ Brigitte Bardot
14. Youthfulness is about how you live, not when you were born. ~ Karl Lagerfield
16. I have reached a point in my life where I feel it is no longer necessary to impress anyone. If they like me the way I am, good, and if they don’t, it’s their loss.
17. Life has many chapters for us, one bad chapter doesn’t mean it’s the end of the book.
18. Laugh like you are 10
Party like you are 20
Travel like you are 20
Think like you are 40
Advise like you are 50
Care like you are 60
Love like you are 70
20. As you get older, you will start to understand more and more that in life, it’s not about what you look like or what you own, it’s about the person you have become.
21. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
23. Life is never easy so that is why I never lie about my age. I want credit for every damned year. ~ Lionel Shriver
24. The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been inbetween. ~ Madeleine L’Engle
25. It pays to be yourself ….. you will thank yourself later. ~ Margie Warrell
Access your Windows Desktop at https://www.clouddesktoponline.com and online SharePoint site at https://www.cloudappsportal.com – with Chrome or other browsers on your favorite mobile or desktop device.
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.
redlandcitygirlNovember 25, 2013
Number 2 is pretty much my motto for life and beauty … and we have number 21 hanging in our hallway!
KathyNovember 25, 2013
Well you definitely have a beautiful smile. We could all use our smiles more often. Number 21 is a favourite of mine too. Good choice!
Deborah Smikle-DavisNovember 27, 2013
You made my day!
These inspirational quotes simply lifted me up! So often we focus on the negative when the positive and aspirational is so much more fulfllling and healthy. Plus it makes us feel good! My favorite quote is “There is a fountain of youth. It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. ~ Sophia Loren” Thank you for sharing this wonderful post at the “Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party” Blog Hop!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
KathyNovember 27, 2013
I am so happy that I have made your day Deborah. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! (Even though we don’t celebrate it here in Australia!)
BettyDecember 3, 2013
Ditto! These are so good. I especially like #17 and #24. Thanks for sharing this wisdom and inspiration. You might also enjoy Johann Christoph Arnold’s new book, Rich in Years. What I loved about this one is that it showed me that life will still be worth living even as I grow older. I highly recommend his book for children of aging parent as well. http://www.richinyears.com
KathyDecember 3, 2013
Thanks Betty. I will certainly have a look at the book that you have recommended. I like to think that I am inspiring women of our age group to make the most of themselves and their lives. We have so much to offer!
AnnDecember 3, 2013
I have just come across this site and LOVE it…the 25 is amazing! I am impressed…thank you for the lift.
I have just turned 50 and have spent the past 11 months struggling with an unusual and not yet diagnosed but very life changing set of health problems. Tomorrow I have a critical doctor’s appointment and of course I’m unsettled but am trying not to let the family see. So, finding this site today is like serendipity!!
Thank you…I love it…
KathyDecember 3, 2013
Thank you Ann. I am glad that I have given you a bit of a lift. I also hope that you get good news from your doctor’s appointment.
BettyDecember 4, 2013
Exactly :-). You are most welcome – enjoy!
Marsha DensonJanuary 25, 2014
thanx for this site. this give a lift to a heavy heart
KathyJanuary 25, 2014
You are very welcome Marsha. I am so glad that I made your day!
CrystalApril 28, 2015
LOVED THESE! But you missed my favorite one, dog gone it!
When I grow up, I want to be an old woman!!!
What is it Steve Harvey says all the time? Old’s the goal. Yes, Lord!
KathyMay 2, 2015
Thanks Crystal. I love both of your quotes. I will have to keep these to add to the list. :)
Corinne ShieldsOctober 18, 2015
A great set of quotes. Words are so powerful, for good and for ill, and these are most definitely for good. Thanks for sharing.
KathyOctober 19, 2015
Thank you Corinne. I find inspirational words to be both motivating and in a lot of instances so very true to life. Thank you for dropping by my blog. :)
MiriamApril 27, 2016
These are wonderful. I love #1,2 and 7 but actually they all resonate with me. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)
KathyApril 28, 2016
I’m glad you found these quotes inspirational Miriam. I really love quotes and post heaps of them on my Facebook page. Wise words are always something to take onboard. :)
mamasworkOctober 26, 2016
Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my website so i got here to return the desire?.I am
attempting to in finding issues to improve my website!I assume
its adequate to use some of your ideas!!