Spread the love
Women in my age group from all over the world are travelling more and more, whether it be solo, with their partners or with a group of like-minded girlfriends. I have been fortunate to have many mini-breaks away with my sisters on wonderful ‘girlie getaways’ to such places as Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay, Stanthorpe, Brisbane, 10 days in Thailand and a memorable week away with my daughter in Bali. With this in mind I have researched what I think would be the best women’s travel adventures destinations for women of our age, depending on what type of adventure you are after.
1. Bangkok for shopping and then Phuket, Krabi or Koh Samui for some chillaxing.
2. Kuala Lumpur for shopping then Langkawi for to relax and reinvigorate.
3. Singapore for shopping then a relaxing 9 day cruise stopping in Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hong Kong, China.
1. Yoga Fusion Getaway which combines hiking and yoga in breathtaking surrounds of Aro Ha, a sustainable retreat on the shores of Lake Wakatipu on New Zealand’s South Island.
2. Yoga and Spa Treatments at Gaia Retreat & Spa, Brooklet, in the Byron Bay Hinterland, NSW, Australia.
3. Yoga and Meditation at the Uma by COMO luxury Yoga Retreat in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
1. Cycling Tour in the Loire Valley in France following the course of the rivers Loire and Cher on a guided, supported holiday in France’s most beautiful areas, staying at charming hotels. Check out French Cycling Holidays.
2. A fully guided trek in Nepal through Sherpa villages to the base of Mount Everest and Kala Pattar with accommodation in exclusive private eco campsites and handpicked eco lodges. See World Expeditions.
3. A women’s only snow skiing adventure, Ignite Week where you’ll ski with a female ski-pro each day all week, in small ski groups and really improve your skiing at Silverstar Resort in BC, Canada.
1. A Mediterranean Cruise embarking from Barcelona in Spain and sailing to the ports of Cannes (France), Majorca, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome) and La Spezia (Cinque Terre)
2. A European Bus Tour visiting 12 countries: UK, France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium
3. An Alaskan Passage Cruise and Rocky Mountains Train Tour aboard the Rocky Mountaineer visiting Seattle, Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary in Canada.
There are many wonderful travel companies that can organise flights, accommodation and tours to take the hassle out of booking everything yourself. There are also Women’s Only Travel Companies such as Womens Own Adventure that can organise a group of like-minded women for you to travel with.
So come on and inspire your adventurous spirit and take a ‘girlie holiday’!
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.