Spread the love
Women in my age group from all over the world are travelling more and more, whether it be solo, with their partners or with a group of like-minded girlfriends. I have been fortunate to have many mini-breaks away with my sisters on wonderful ‘girlie getaways’ to such places as Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay, Stanthorpe, Brisbane, 10 days in Thailand and a memorable week away with my daughter in Bali. With this in mind I have researched what I think would be the best women’s travel adventures destinations for women of our age, depending on what type of adventure you are after.
1. Bangkok for shopping and then Phuket, Krabi or Koh Samui for some chillaxing.
2. Kuala Lumpur for shopping then Langkawi for to relax and reinvigorate.
3. Singapore for shopping then a relaxing 9 day cruise stopping in Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hong Kong, China.
1. Yoga Fusion Getaway which combines hiking and yoga in breathtaking surrounds of Aro Ha, a sustainable retreat on the shores of Lake Wakatipu on New Zealand’s South Island.
2. Yoga and Spa Treatments at Gaia Retreat & Spa, Brooklet, in the Byron Bay Hinterland, NSW, Australia.
3. Yoga and Meditation at the Uma by COMO luxury Yoga Retreat in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
1. Cycling Tour in the Loire Valley in France following the course of the rivers Loire and Cher on a guided, supported holiday in France’s most beautiful areas, staying at charming hotels. Check out French Cycling Holidays.
2. A fully guided trek in Nepal through Sherpa villages to the base of Mount Everest and Kala Pattar with accommodation in exclusive private eco campsites and handpicked eco lodges. See World Expeditions.
3. A women’s only snow skiing adventure, Ignite Week where you’ll ski with a female ski-pro each day all week, in small ski groups and really improve your skiing at Silverstar Resort in BC, Canada.
1. A Mediterranean Cruise embarking from Barcelona in Spain and sailing to the ports of Cannes (France), Majorca, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome) and La Spezia (Cinque Terre)
2. A European Bus Tour visiting 12 countries: UK, France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium
3. An Alaskan Passage Cruise and Rocky Mountains Train Tour aboard the Rocky Mountaineer visiting Seattle, Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary in Canada.
There are many wonderful travel companies that can organise flights, accommodation and tours to take the hassle out of booking everything yourself. There are also Women’s Only Travel Companies such as Womens Own Adventure that can organise a group of like-minded women for you to travel with.
So come on and inspire your adventurous spirit and take a ‘girlie holiday’!
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.
JohannaMarch 20, 2015
You have given me seriously itchy feet! Wonderful suggestions.
KathyMarch 20, 2015
My suggestions have even given me itchy feet! I would love to do all of them at some stage. :)
Michelle Weaver (@pinkypoinker)March 21, 2015
I love going away with the girls and have only done it once overseas to Singapore. It’s lovely to go away with like minded shopaholics. My daughter is ruthless and tireless when it comes to shopping. Great ideas here Kathy :)
KathyMarch 21, 2015
Yes I love shopping until I drop, then chillaxing afterwards with a few wines and some good food. Men just don’t get it when it comes to shopping. My husband hates it!
budgettraveltalkMarch 21, 2015
There are some great ideas there Kathy. I’ve not done ANY girlie trips since I was a teenager!
KathyMarch 22, 2015
You don’t know what you are missing out on! I love doing my girlie weekends away. It is most enjoyable. :)
budgettraveltalkMarch 22, 2015
I think they are a great idea Kathy!
KathyMarch 23, 2015
I love getting away with my girlfriends and indulging ourselves in some ‘girlie activties’. It is very therapeutic!
NancieMarch 25, 2015
Hi Kathy. There are some great ideas here. I could see myself on the Mediterranean cruise! Thanks for linking up this week. #TPThursday
KathyMarch 25, 2015
Hi Nancie, I hope you are feeling a bit better. Probably hasn’t been the best of weeks for you. The Mediterranean Cruise is on my bucket list too and some touring around Italy. Maybe in 2017!!
Red Nomad OZMarch 27, 2015
So many places, so little time … it’s great to get some alternative perspectives on places to go!!
KathyMarch 27, 2015
There are too many places to see in the big wide world! My problem is that I want to see them all. :)
JanMay 9, 2017
Just as this trip comes to an end I am feeling the need to plan the next one!
KathyMay 10, 2017
Ha ha yes! Travel is addictive. I hope you had a wonderful holiday Jan. :)
JanetMay 10, 2017
So many that I would love to do! PS love your dress in the top pic – where’s it from?!
KathyMay 11, 2017
Yes me too Janet. Where do we start? My dress is from Tiger Lily. It was the perfect dress for travel to Thailand. Cool and comfortable.
jodieMay 11, 2017
Kathy—count me in on the shopping and relaxing vacations!!
KathyMay 13, 2017
Ok no worries. When are we going? :)
KateMay 23, 2017
I have major wanderlust right now! So jealous of your adventures
KathyMay 23, 2017
Thanks Kate. I certainly love to travel and take every opportunity offered to do so. Travel with your girlfriends can be very rewarding. :)
Kim AcedoMay 26, 2017
Kathy, I find that more and more of my clients are traveling without their husbands and instead with their girlfriends at least once if not twice a year. I think it’s a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing!
kathymarrisMay 27, 2017
I always say to my husband if he doesn’t want to travel to a certain place that I’ll go with my girlfriends. We do holiday separately sometimes and I think it’s good for both of us. 😀