Spread the love
Nestled on the wide, sandy arc of Encounter Bay on the Fleurieu Peninsula, Victor Harbor has been the Summer holiday choice for generations of South Australians and is only 83Kms from Adelaide. And I can see why.
Victor Harbor has just about everything you could want for a relaxing holiday: Sun, surf and sand; clear turquoise waters and stunning views; outstanding early colonial architecture; and good pubs, cafes and restaurants. So it’s easy to understand why people would want to holiday here.
The ten top things to do in Victor Harbor would have to be:
1. Catch the Cockle Steam Train from Victor Harbor to Goolwa which winds its way down the coastline with spectacular views.
2. Take the quaint horsedrawn tram journey across the causeway to Granite Island.
3. Circumnavigate Granite Island by foot on the pathway that takes you to points of interest along the way. You may even see some Little Penguins. Some of the views from this granite bouldered island are to die for.
4. Surf or swim at one the numerous beaches such as Waitpinga, Parsons, Chiton Rocks and Dump Beach.
5. For a close encounter with the Little Penguins take a one hour tour at dusk at the Granite Island Nature Park .
6. Drive up to The Bluff and hike around the pathway for panoramic ocean views of Encounter Bay and Granite Island.
7. Go to the Urimbirra Wildlife Experience for some more wildlife encounters with Koalas, Crocodiles and Snakes.
8. Visit the South Australian Whale Centre to experience and discover three floors of interactive and informative exhibits.
9. Hop aboard The Big Duck Boat Tour and see seals, dolphins and whales (in season).
10. Amble around the town which has a great array of gift shops, boutiques, cafes, restaurants, pubs and lovely parklands lining the foreshore.
For more see All The Best Things To Do In Victor Harbor.
The other really cool thing about Victor Harbor is that it is less than 20Kms from Goolwa, where the Murray River and The Coorong converge and also where the Murray River mouth meets the Southern Ocean. So with so much to see and do in Victor Harbor you are never bored.
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.