Spread the love
Well another year is almost done and dusted and like everyone else I’m asking “where has this year gone”? After years of dreading Christmas because of:
I am actually looking forward to Christmas 2014 and this is why:
1. I am only working part-time and I have plenty of time to be organised this Christmas.
2. Both of my children will be home this Christmas and not jaunting around the world snow boarding in Canada or backpacking through Mexico.
3. It is just going to be a small party of five for Christmas Day instead of the twenty or so we normally have.
4. After spending six months on a caravanning holiday this year I feel refreshed and relaxed leading up to Christmas and not a frazzled burnt out wreck as in previous years.
5. Christmas gifts are all sorted even though there is still a few weeks until Christmas.
6. For the first time ever we are hosting a Christmas party at our house with our neighbours in our street which should be fun.
7. No trying to make Skype or Viber video calls along with the entire population on Christmas Day to family abroad.
8. Christmas lunch is going to be a menu that I like rather than cooking traditional Christmas fare.
9. I’m confident my husband and children are going to buy me a great Christmas gift this year instead of a frying pan or a flower vase.
10. I am already absorbing the Christmas cheer vibes and I am going to smile at everyone I encounter and say “Merry Christmas”!!
Oh and Santa, I have been a really good girl this year, so do you think you could give me an extra special present??
What are the things you either like or dislike about Christmas?
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.