Spread the love
This is my town – the place I call home on the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. It is worlds apart from the dreadfully touristy city of Surfers Paradise, which is only a mere 12 kilometres away.
Burleigh Heads has a small village atmosphere with an eclectic style which gives it a laid back easy-going vibe. It is renowned for its surf break and its safe beach which is protected by a rain-forested headland. The entire coastal strip of Burleigh is fringed with parks and pathways that can be either walked or cycled.
The Ten Top Things to do in Burleigh are:
1. Surf at Burleigh’s iconic point break
2. Swim at the safe patrolled beach
3. Walk through the rainforest in the Burleigh National Park around the headland
4. Sip on an array of organically grown coffees at various Coffee Shops
5. Walk, jog or cycle along the extensive pathways lining the beach from Burleigh to Miami Beach
6. Have a picnic or kick a football in the perfect parklands along the beach or sit atop Burleigh Point and watch the sunset.
7. Go to the Village Markets for funky fashion, arts and crafts held in the grounds of the Burleigh Heads State School on the first and third Sunday of each month. Tag your finds #TVMFaveFinds and @thevillagemarketsgc.
8. Partake in a free Yoga Class in the park on the Beachfront
9. Dine out at the many and varied restaurants and tapas bars in Burleigh Heads.
10. Shop in James Street where there is a mixture of trendy fashion boutiques, homeware shops, gift shops, surf shops and healthfood shops.
They say that a picture speaks a thousand words. I hope you have enjoyed taking a tour with me around my town. It is pretty close to being paradise!
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 6 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now in her early 60s. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Kathy enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, photography, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.