I often see women my age and think how much I would love to pull them aside gently and give them advice about their makeup, hairstyle or dress sense. Honestly, there are a lot of 50 something women out there who either don’t care about how they look because of low self esteem, have given up entirely or simply don’t look in the mirror.
Sure, when I look in the mirror I sometimes see an ageing woman looking back at me and wish for my former young self to appear. Alas, that is not going to happen, but I am still going to at least try to look good for my age.
These are the things that I think are the biggest mistakes that women my age make when it comes to beauty and fashion.
19. They never use accessories to their advantage. For example, a chunky colourful necklace or scarf can do wonders for a plain outfit.
20. They wear extremely ugly shoes when there are so many stylish comfortable shoes available.
22. They wear leggings or tights out in public which do them absolutely no justice.
23. They still wear their jeans that they had in the 1970’s or 80’s. Very unfashionable!
24. They wear track pants and Ugg boots out in public. So trashy!
25. They think getting a tattoo is cool! OMG that is the biggest mistake of all. They do not look good on anyone over the age of 40 years!
I understand that everyone has their different likes and dislikes, different tastes and fashion styles. We are after all, very unique in our own way and some people like to stand out from the crowd by being different. It would be a boring world if we all dressed the same.
So my advice is to ask someone to help you out with choosing makeup, a hairstyle and or an outfit for a special occasion. Ask your girlfriends, your daughters or the shop assistant in the store where you shop. Many department stores have their own fashion stylists who are free-of-charge and can help you put an outfit together.
Remember we maybe fifty, but we don’t need to be frumpy!
Kathy was a 50 something year old when she started up this blog 4 years ago, but has since turned over another decade and is now 60. She is married with two adult children and lives on the Gold Coast in Queensland. She enjoys living life to the fullest and loves to keep fit and active by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Some of her interests include reading, movies, travelling, cooking and blogging! Kathy works part-time as a freelance writer but her real passion is travelling and photographing brilliant destinations both within Australia and overseas and writing about it.
Comments are closed.